🇬🇧Interview Time! - feat Pastel Kona



Ohayo minna! Today you're going to read an interview I did to my friend Pastel Kona! She has such a cute drawing style and is such a kawaii person that I think to introduce her to you guys! Right now, she's writing and drawing her story, Eternal Love on WEBTOON, so, if you're curious and want to know more about her and her story, continue reading this interview!
1) Let's start with basic questions! How did find out comics/manga world and what are the ones who inspires you the most and why?
I first found out about comics and manga when I was quite young. I found it in my elementary library. It was the Pokémon Adventure series and it amazed me on how it was done it was the first time I saw a story made fully from drawings and artwork. So being the shy artist I was I was all excited. I remember when the school said they had new manga in I was always the first one to read it. Now a days I have to say that what inspired me to make my WEBTOON was other people on WEBTOON. Comics like Cursed Princess Club by LambCat, RockRom by KeikoKup, SmallWorld by Wonsun Jin and more have inspired me very much. They gave all played a major part in my inspiration for this comic but the three I listed really made me wanna do a comic. They where all different and special in their own way and so entertaining to read. If they could make me smile by reading there work why can’t I do the same for others? ^^. 
2) You're writing and drawing a story on webtoon. Can you please explain us what it is about and where do you find expiration to create it?
The plot of Eternal Love is the story of an LGBT couple: the Sweetheart Dragon man named Issac and his beloved Cupid Angel. It’s a simple plot based on there lived and the silly things they get into. It’s so exciting really tho I will admit I worry at times. I’m not the best writer with character dialogue. I'm not too good in making it sound natural, but I wanna keep writing cause I’ll never get better if I don’t do exercise, ya know? Same with my art work: I know it’s getting better the more I work on my comic. Tho the worry fades away as I post it and see all the reads I get and see all the people who like it cause then I know I’m doing it right and one day I’ll be featured by WEBTOON and make it big!
3) Who is/are your favourite caracter/s in your story? Who do you identify with the most? And who is your least favourite? Of course explain why for every character ^^
I must say that between the two I am more like Angel with the hyperactive behavior. His goofy behavior along with his fashion sense is much like me. Tho I must say I adore both of them very much And I can’t pick between them! I love them both. I will say tho I will hopefully be able to introduce more characters into the story such as friends and family soon. While the plot is simple I feel like more characters and interactions will help make the story more "full", you could say. Plus with this there will be more possible characters for readers to relate and to like how I relate to Angel more.
4) Do you have other stories in your mind you would like to draw one day?
I actually have two other stories I’m planning on, but I won’t give much. One is named Monster Paradise and is a slice of life comedy. The second one is a horror story called The Grim Life Of Iva Davis. Both of these I hope to make soon when I am more well know and able to handle what I am already doing such as my video testings on YouTube and my art trades and etc. Once I have a better grip I’ll be able to add more over time so I’m very excited for that day to come, so I can start work on my WEBTOON ideas.
5) Now, let's talk about fashion. You said you dress in lolita style! Why do you choose this style and what do lolita means for you?
As you may know, Lolita fashion is a fashion subculture from Japan that is highly influenced by Victorian and Edwardian children's clothing and styles from the Rococo period . The clothing is categorized in there main sub styles. Gothic, Classic, and Sweet I would be considered a sweet Lolita. Sweet Lolita  is the most child-like and one of the most popular of the lolita styles. It has a heavy emphasis on a cute and girly look. Sweet Lolita dresses often feature pastel colors, lots of ruffles and bows. Lolita fashion to me is self expression it makes me feel safe really. I feel more confident in it and try to where it as much as possible and save up spare money to buy new dresses. Sadly they can be so expensive tho. When I save up it feels quite rewarding when I finally get the dress I worked so hard for. And when I finally put the dress on I feel good about myself and my accessories finish it all quite well.
6)If you could choose another style you would like to dress, which one would you choose and why?
If I had to pick I guess I would do maybe the Decora Kei street fashion. I love all the cute pink accessories In the fashion and how colorful it can be. It can be so crazy as well which attracts me too it as well. I actually would love to give it a try in the near future!

That's the end! What do you think? If you want to read her story or follow her, I'll let you some of her accounts here down below. I really hope you liked this new artist! If you have some webtoon series reccomandations, or if you want me to do an interview to some webtoon artists, or (again) you yourself are a webtoon artist and want me to interview you/review your work, please let me know on my IG profile (https://www.instagram.com/sue_artsnstuff/?hl=it ) by a comment on my last photo or by a private message!
See you in the next article!

Commenti